Saturday, July 22, 2017

Bungsy's Girlcrush List, 2k17.

I haven't done one of these lists for over three years, and I think it's fair to say my taste in women has generally evolved, whilst some of the lady crush staples still remain. 

Some choices from previous years which now make me cringe when I look back include Cara Delevingne (in my defence, this was before she assailed my eyes as an actress and played to her strengths as a model), Kaya Scodelario (still fit tbf, but just kinda annoying) and Emma Stone (still cute, still talented, but I will now forever sideye her for the yellowface in Aloha debacle). 

I imagine when I look back at this list in a few years, I will be equally cringed out.

So, without further ado, Emmabung's Girlcrush List, 2017!

10. Ariana Grande
'Problem' is a piece of song-writing genius, an ace and catchy song has guided me through all manner of turbulent times. I have so much time for Ari's 4-octave vocal range, and I also dig how despite being baby-faced and having Bambi eyes, she has a hyper-sexualised image. The seductive way she peers up from the heart-shaped sunglasses in the 'Bang Bang' music video: swoon.

09. Kristen Stewart
Al the way through Personal Shopper I was just mesmerised by Kristen's long, thin legs. She's only about 2cm taller than me, but her legs are insane, model-long and so, so lithe. In addition to her pins, I like Kristen Stewart's bewitching grey-green eyes, her edgy film choices, and the fact that she's clearly not a PR-coached machine, but would rather be her true awkward self on the red carpet.

08. Sarah Hyland
Whenever I watch Modern Family, I just can't stop looking at this chick's big, beautiful eyes! The rest of her face: button nose, cute cheeks, and sleek long hair, are very pretty too, meaning that she's perfect casting for the character of ditzy-but-stunning Hayley Dunphy.

07. Gugu Mbatha-Raw
Even though Gugu was in Beauty and the Beast, playing a duster, I think she should have been given the part of Belle. She, unlike Emma Watson, has dramatic and musical training, can sing and act, and has experience of playing a character of that name, in Amma Asante's Belle. She's also a lot more gorgeous than that pious harridan Watson.

06. Mila Kunis
When I mentioned girlcrush staples, lovely Mila has been on this list pretty much every year I've made the list. I can't get over her incredible eyes (can you tell I'm an eye girl?), which are an intoxicating combination of green and brown. The cameraman in pretty much every film I've seen her in seems to be as beguiled by them as I am.

05. Dianna Agron
Even though I haven't seen anything with her in for ages, Princess Dianna's all-round perfection and uber-photogenicness means she always warrants a position on this list!

04. Taylor Hill

By nature of being a Victoria's Secret model, Taylor Hill was always going to be a looker. But this Goddess, still at the ripe young age of 21, is in a whole different ballpark of sex appeal compared to her peers. Her blue-green eyes are the size of a Disney princess' and distinctively almond-shaped, and her full lips, made for pouting. Oof.

03. Gal Gadot

Like all films in the DCEU, Wonder Woman had its flaws, but when Gadot was on screen, the film really came alive. The former Miss Israel imbued Diana with compassion, bravery and just the right amount of subdued gravitas to carry the film, and sell the story, even in that clunky Batman v Supermanesque final act. Having been trained in combat in her term serving as a soldier in the Israel Defence Forces, Gal did most of her stunts, and doesn't all that graft show! Just wonderful.

02. Margot Robbie
From one DC actress to another. There's somewhat of a dearth of blondes on my list (generally, I prefer my women, as I prefer my men, to have darker hair), but Margot Robbie is hot enough for my overcome my hair colour bias. She is so gorgeous that to not address it would be a massive elephant in the room, which is why films like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot now specifically write lines into their script about how out-of-this-world attractive she is.

To read some additional lezzing over Margot Robbie, Mila Kunis and Kristen Stewart in their sexiest roles, may I direct your attention here.

01. Rooney Mara

My favourite working actress isn't bad to look at, either. In Carol, Rooney's resemblance to my all-time favourite actress, Audrey Hepburn, didn't escape my notice, and indeed, it was a conscious decision from Todd Haynes to base Rooney's look on Audrey Hepburn's in Roman Holiday and Sabrina. Like the goddess of the silver screen, Mara also possesses doe eyes (perfect for playing deer-in-the-headlights characters like Therese Belivet), and a shrewd understanding of subtext. Her acting style, of not displaying all of the characters emotions and thoughts on her face, but letting the audience interpret them in our own time, renders her enigmatic in addition to beautiful. Only Rooney with talent.

No comments: