Friday, December 02, 2016

Review: Starbucks Gingerbread Latte



Continuing with sampling the products Starbucks have ‘specially confected’ (read: haphazardly adapted from existing drinks in order to cynically swindle more money out of gullible customers such as myself) for Christmas, I next sampled the Starbucks gingerbread latte.

On the positive side, it was much better than the fudge hot chocolate (although that was hardly difficult). The gingerbread-infused latte definitely tasted pleasant, and once you got used to the slightly unusual flecks of gingerbread inside your latte, that, too, gave the drink some character, elevating it above the bog-standard hit of caffeine. A calorie content of 330cals render this drink more waistline-friendly than other, more gluttonous drinks.

The negatives were that one of the ingredients they really plugged – the ground nutmeg – seemed to be suspiciously missing from my beverage, as well as the fact that I found the temperature of my latte a little on the cool side. And, for the money that you’re spending, it is still horrifically overpriced.

Still, if you’re going to waste money on the mega-corporation that is Starbucks with any festive drink, make it this, rather than the fudge hot chocolate (which I still have nightmares about).

Grade: B-

----

All my product reviews are listed here.

No comments: