Friday, March 09, 2012

March Energy Drink Mayhem

March is going to be an extremely coursework-intensive month, and sleep is gonna have to be a treat that I can’t afford. As such, energy drinks will be as vital to my diet this month as sundried tomatoes. When it comes to energy drinks, I was always a bit of a Red Bull girl, just because of their brand and their hilarious “Red Bull gives you wings!” adverts. However, due to their reputation, they’ve been able to ride on that and charge a fair bit more for their drinks than other brands. As it’s the recession, I cannot afford to tie myself to Red Bull and their big price tags. So I thought I’d shop around and trial a few other energy drinks, and review them, before I find my definitive wing-giver.



So I started with the green-packaged Mountain Dew Energy drink. The reason why I picked this one first is rather obscure; as you may have noticed, I have developed a bit of a thing for the babe that is Lana del Rey, and one of the top tracks on her Born to Die album is “Diet Mountain Diew”. So that’s the reason, tenuous as it is.

The drink itself is extremely fizzy, fizzier than your standard energy drink, and even more so than Diet coke from Macdonald’s, to be honest. The taste itself is fine, fairly fruit and tangy, and it kicks almost immediately; Thursdays are my busiest day so when I drank it I was fairly downtrodden but within 10 minutes of consumption, I definitely felt a kick. It’s very functional too, the kick lasted for a good four hours, rendering Mountain Dew Energy drink a good little investment.
Taste: 6
Packaging: 7
Doing the job: 9
Value for money: 8
Overall: 30/40

10 comments:

paul haine said...

What's wrong with coffee?

Emma said...

Coffee basically gets me drunk. :p

Anonymous said...

I want to wish you all the best with all you strive toward
Your site has very much liked me. I shall necessarily tell about him to the friends. this tie
[url=http://cejacom.x4host.eu/gold-colored-bangles.html]gold colored bangles[/url]

Well done..

Joanne said...

Why spend on that? When I was knee deep in revision, I had a sherry!!


dog seat belt

Verve energy drink said...

I love Mountain Dew, however, I'd rather have Verve energy Drink because of it's vitamin contents.

Wilf said...

I had my first energy drink a couple of days ago. Have been worried about them but feel OK if they are only taken when needed not as a substitute for other drinks. Intend to try several to see which I like and make me feel good the most.

A new one is arriving in Australia soon, Blue Storm Energy Drink supposed to be big in America and Cananda I suppose.

Unknown said...

oakley sunglasses, prada handbags, ugg boots, tiffany and co, longchamp outlet, nike outlet, replica watches, cheap oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, sac longchamp, ray ban sunglasses, nike air max, longchamp, louboutin shoes, tory burch outlet, gucci outlet, tiffany jewelry, air jordan pas cher, air max, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, oakley sunglasses, burberry, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, louboutin, longchamp pas cher, jordan shoes, chanel handbags, longchamp outlet, ralph lauren pas cher, michael kors, kate spade outlet, louis vuitton, uggs on sale, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, polo ralph lauren outlet, christian louboutin outlet, louboutin pas cher, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, louboutin outlet, prada outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, ugg boots, nike roshe run, louis vuitton

Unknown said...

michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, replica handbags, burberry, tn pas cher, true religion outlet, vans pas cher, nike air max, michael kors, lacoste pas cher, vanessa bruno, ralph lauren uk, north face, michael kors outlet, michael kors, hollister, hollister pas cher, ugg boots, nike air max, mulberry, air force, new balance pas cher, nike roshe, michael kors, abercrombie and fitch, true religion jeans, coach outlet, north face, ugg boots, lululemon, michael kors, ray ban pas cher, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, oakley pas cher, nike blazer, burberry outlet online, true religion jeans, nike free run uk, converse pas cher, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, nike air max, ray ban uk, coach purses, sac guess, hogan, kate spade handbags, hermes, timberland

Unknown said...

beats by dre, p90x workout, oakley, babyliss, lancel, abercrombie and fitch, instyler, insanity workout, baseball bats, bottega veneta, nike air max, celine handbags, mont blanc, reebok shoes, nfl jerseys, mac cosmetics, soccer jerseys, ralph lauren, wedding dresses, iphone cases, birkin bag, new balance, hollister, longchamp, ray ban, nike huarache, ferragamo shoes, valentino shoes, herve leger, converse, timberland boots, chi flat iron, hollister, north face outlet, nike trainers, nike air max, ghd, vans shoes, mcm handbags, louboutin, nike roshe, jimmy choo shoes, vans, soccer shoes, north face outlet, hollister, asics running shoes, gucci, converse outlet, lululemon

Unknown said...

juicy couture outlet, moncler, pandora charms, pandora charms, canada goose uk, pandora jewelry, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, moncler, moncler, moncler, ugg boots uk, moncler, canada goose outlet, wedding dresses, montre pas cher, karen millen, supra shoes, louis vuitton, ugg pas cher, louis vuitton, doudoune canada goose, moncler, canada goose, canada goose, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, moncler, swarovski crystal, swarovski, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, canada goose, coach outlet, links of london, louis vuitton, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, toms shoes, pandora jewelry, thomas sabo, louis vuitton, bottes ugg, hollister, replica watches, sac louis vuitton pas cher, marc jacobs