Monday, February 22, 2010

BAFTAs, 2010.

Ever since I've started this movie blog, it's been a tradition for me to write a full report of the BAFTAs, (2009's2008's2007's and  2006's), but I honestly don't have much to say about tonight's show. Jonathan Ross was efficient if not excellent as a presenter and some of the guests caught my eye with their stunning outfits/looks - Anna Kendrick had a beautiful dress (and her Jimmy Choos! I want) and Matthew Goode looked so damn bungable even if he did pile on the hair gel way too much. The worst acceptance speech was easily Kristen Stewart's; I couldn't tell if she had diarrhea or a stinkbomb in her mouth, but she looked so uncomfortable and her pseudo-modesty simply pissed me off further. Bitch looked anaemic. I genuinely shouted with glee when I saw Christoph Waltz, beard and all, and Saoirse Ronan carried herself well too. The most entertaining acceptance speech fell when the translator for the director of A Prophet was blatantly bananawasted. Har. Bonnie Wright in Prada made me almost chunder the chocolate cake I'd consumed earlier today out; get the f_ck out, bitch, you have no talent and are only famous for shagging someone off Twilight; come back when you've had some acting lessons. That said, I liked the double Brit winning duo of Carey and Colin for Actress and Actor respectively. Mulligan should have kept her hair brunette though. I noted Colin Firth get a celebratory back pat from Stanley Tucci; apparently they're mates; I find this absolutely precious! Also, though I usually switch off by the time we get to that "BAFTA Fellowship" bollocks, this time I was genuinely fixated and thought Vanessa Redgrave's speech was very moving. Gabby Sidibe smiling throughout was rather heartwarming; you can tell she's a healthy, happy girl. Um, not much else to say really; I did squee pretty hard at the start of the show when I saw Anne-Marie Duff, Gabby Sidibe, Saoirse Ronan, Matthew Goode, Jonathan Rhys-Meyers and various other celebrities I like arrive on the red carpet. As much as I love Romola Garai, her multi-coloured "dress" was not a good idea. Vera Farmiga, on the other hand, looked downright gorgeous, whilst Robert Pattinson looked like he really needed a shave. But it was definitely one of the lesser BAFTAs; classy rather than heart-stopping. As ever, they proved to be nowt much but a dry-run for the Oscars. Except in London tonight, it wasn't even dry.

I don't know why, but I seem to have a fair bit of apathy towards the awards season this year. It doesn't make sense as I love Inglourious Basterds as much as I loved Slumdog Millionaire last year. But all this hoo-ha over Avatar vs. The Hurt Locker (the former of which I haven't seen, but if Titanic was anything to go by, oh dear, and the latter I saw last week and left me nodding off at the parts when I wasn't downright irritated) is actually boring my bollocks off. Of course, there's excitement to be had in predicting the acting categories, some of which are wonderful - even though I loathed Precious, even I can tell that the performances in them were stellar. And Christoph blimmin' Waltz; legend! But I dunno. George Clooney, James Cameron, Katherine Bigalow, Lee Daniels and various others are all people I'd probably bung on a dartboard, and hence, the prospect of seeing even more of them makes me want to curl in a ball and diaf.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/feb/22/jose-mourinho-internazionale-chelsea

haha

Emma said...

Gar, don't remind me. I'm already cacking myself over Wednesday's match. :(

anahit said...

tis fair enough I guess, I'm not in LOVE with any film like I was the last couple of years, and the hurt locker winning was terribly unexciting for me. still, a lot of it was good fun :D and loved some of the clothes, am doing a quick hunt through to find red carpet highlights for the blog, but can't find any - where do you find yours?? cos yours are always so pretty, the ones for sag and golden globes were gorgeous! xxxxxx

Dan said...

That translator seemed like she was stoned.

Anonymous said...

Almost as good a translator as Julie Dreyfus in Inglourious Basterds, then...

Anonymous said...

Vanessa Redgrave's speech moved me to tears

Buy penis enlargement pills said...

I am very impressed with the overall presentation of the post.

Free anti aging female product said...

it doesn't make sense as I love Inglourious Basterds as much as I loved Slumdog Millionaire last year

Natural breast enhancement pills said...

Very nice and interesting post. I recommend to visit this blog at-least once.

Best penis enlargement device review said...

Gabby Sidibe smiling throughout was rather heartwarming...she is cute...:)

Male Extra penis augmentation pills said...

Slumdog Millionaire is actually a worthy movie I have ever seen.It expresses the whole scenario at a moment.

Maxocum increase low sperm count pills said...

nice thought about your bafta award . you have written nice .

How to increase penis size said...

Less wishful thinking here; BAFTAs are a little more out there with their screenplay awards, and Inglourious Basterds’ multi-layered babel revenge tale could well find itself ticking the panel’s boxes.

How to increase penis size said...

Less wishful thinking here; BAFTAs are a little more out there with their screenplay awards, and Inglourious Basterds’ multi-layered babel revenge tale could well find itself ticking the panel’s boxes.

Best Washing Machine 2012 said...

BAFTA had made a right chose to choose the actors and moves for the first place.

M190va-Review said...

A friend of mine told me about your blog and after reading this article i must go to him and personally thank for sharing your blog with me.

Vigaplus erectile dysfunction medicine said...

there are many person searching about that now they will find enough resources by your post.Thank you for sharing to us.Please one more post about that..

As seen on TV said...

I am glad that i ran into your blog today and hope that your future posts will be as great as this one right here.